Try this great Sumatra Beef Curry ....a great beef curry recipe !
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh red chile or
- 4 teaspoons sambal olek
- 4 slices ginger
- 2 slices fresh galangal
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 2-inch lengths and bruised
- 1 salam leaf or curry leaf
- 1 1/2 pound stewing beef (chuck or similar cut), in 2 inch cubes
In a blender or food processor, blend chile, ginger, galangal, garlic, onion, salt, turmeric and coriander to a paste, adding thick coconut milk as needed to facilitate blendingIn a wok, deep skillet or heavy saucepan, combine paste, remaining thick and thin coconut milk, lemongrass, salam leaf and beef Bring mixture just to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, until beef is tender and somewhat thickened (about 2 to hours). Taste for seasoning and adjust as necessary. And this spicy beef curry is ready to serve....great !