Tomato beef curry
Beef Curry Ingredients
* 1 tbs vegetable oil
* 4 brown onions, halved, thinly sliced
* 3cm-piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
* 2 garlic cloves, peeled
* 1 tbs coriander seeds
* 1 tbs garam masala
* 1 tsp ground turmeric
* 2 tsp sea salt flakes
* 1kg lean casserole beef, cut into 2cm pieces, excess fat removed
* 4 large fresh green chillies, thickly sliced
* 5 vine-ripened tomatoes, halved, thinly sliced lengthways
* 1 green capsicum, quartered, deseeded, thinly sliced
* Low-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
* Shredded fresh continental parsley leaves, to serve
* Steamed basmati rice, to serve
Beef Curry Instructions
1.First of all heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
2.And then, place the ginger, garlic, coriander, garam masala, turmeric and salt in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until a smooth paste forms. Add to the onion and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the beef, chilli and three-quarters of the tomato and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 1 1/4 hours or until beef is tender.
3.Add the capsicum and remaining tomato to the beef mixture and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until capsicum is tender.
4.Divide curry among serving bowls. Top with yoghurt and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with steamed basmati rice...enjoy the tomato beef curry ! Nice and hot !